Human Resource Services SpecialistNorthwest Fire District is looking for a Human Resource professional to assist with the administrative functions of the HRS Division INTERESTED?
Human Resource Services Specialist
The Human Resource Services Specialist supports the Northwest Fire District in its mission to save lives, protect property, and care for our community through the responsibility of managing personnel changes within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), full-cycle recruitment, on-boarding, and providing administrative support to the HRS Division. This position supports additional HR activities and programs, such as record retention and destruction, policy review, and job description updates. The HRS Specialist works under the general supervision of the Human Resource Services Manager. The HRS Specialist must be highly attentive to detail, have great listening/communication skills both verbally and in writing, and excellent organizational skills. The employee is expected to comply with the rules, policies, and procedures as set forth by the District, and to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for specific Human Resource functions as assigned by the Human Resource Services Manager.
- Responsible for the entry of, maintenance, and update of employee records in the HRIS System and personnel files.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Conducts or acquires all required pre-employment paperwork.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as employee handbooks, job descriptions, performance evaluation forms, and any other forms utilized within the HRS division.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Prepares and maintains all employee files related to employment.
- Responsible for all HRS related document record retention.
- Schedule and/or conduct new employee orientations.
- All other duties as assigned by the HRS Manager.
Minimum Qualifications at Time of Application Submission
The Hourly range for this position is $20.96 to $22.90, dependent on experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources (HR) or in a closely related field.
- Two (2) years of human resource experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Or combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position may be considered
- SHRM or HRCI Certification
- Experience and knowledge working with an HRIS/ERP System
- Human Resource experience in Public Safety environment
Driving Position: Class D License
This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the pre-employment background check process.
Based on Arizona State Law, upon the date of hire and throughout the period of employment, the employee must present and possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record, see Obtaining a Driver’s License.
To complete the application, you will need your education and entire employment history for the last ten (10) years including contact details, regardless of time in position.
Open until filled.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection process begins now with the application and following instructions. If invited to the selection process you must be the most qualified applicant to move forward. The activities consist of: Interview(s) and Credibility Assessment. The applicant will be contacted after each step in the process by email as to their status in the selection process.
If successful, a contingent job offer is made and the following must be passed: drug testing, background checks, driver’s license check, employment reference checks/public record request.
As a federal grant recipient, the Northwest Fire District must maintain a
Drug Free Workplace
The Selection Process consists of an Interview and Credibility Assessment
The Credibility Assessment is based on technology used to assess truthfulness. This assessment is evaluating an individual’s honesty which is one of the District’s core values. This is a pass/fail assessment. The District is interested in measuring your truthfulness in the following areas:
- Your employment application information. Did you include every job you have had in the last ten (10) years? You will be able to review your application before taking the assessment, and add anything you may have forgotten to include; and
- Use of illegal drugs (including illegal steroids and abused prescription drugs in the last five years) and marijuana within the past 12 months; and,
- Criminal history.
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement (after the first year of employment)
Professional Development Opportunities
|Employer Sponsored||Shared Contributions||Voluntary|
|Medical - Qualified High Deductible Health Plan||Dental - Two Plans (to include orthodontia for Adults & Children)||Life Insurance (up to $300k, includes spouse)|
|Life Insurance ($50k)||Vision - (to include discounts on Laser Vision Correction)||Accidental Death & Dismemberment may include dependents (up to $300k)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment ($50k)|
and Accident Travel Plan ($250k)
|Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)||Accident with or without Disability may include dependents (includes a Wellness Rider)|
|Short-Term Disability (up to $1k/per week)||Critical Illness with a Cancer Rider
may include spouse
|Post Employment Health Plan (qualified health expenses)||Deferred Compensation for Retirement|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)||Flexible Spending Accounts (health/daycare expenses)|
|Tuition Reimbursement after first year of employment||LifeLock|
|Educational Assistance (in house District sponsored certification classes)|