Building Maintenance Technician IIf you have excellent skills in the use of common hand tools, basic computer skills, and a high degree of customer service, we are looking for a Building Maintenance Technician I to join us in our mission to save lives, protect property, and care for our community. INTERESTED?
Building Maintenance Technician I
The Building Maintenance Technician I supports the Northwest Fire District in its mission to save lives, protect property, and care for our community through performing physically demanding duties associated to maintain a building’s appearance, functionality, and safety for the public and the District employees. Building maintenance technicians are required to possess integrity, be dependable, customer service oriented, be able to perform work with supervision and demonstrate attention to detail. The employee will be provided on-the-job training to reinforce what is learned through the Building Maintenance Technician Trainee program. The program and on-the-job training will teach a variety of skills in plumbing, painting, masonry, roofing, HVAC systems, electrical, carpentry, and dry wall. The employee will be trained to assess and take care of any minor issues which arise in a building. Depending on the sizeof the building and its staff, worker may also be required to handle janitorial duties such as waxing floors, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning windows. The employee will participate in the Building Maintenance Technician Trainee program. The employee will have a flexible schedule, which may include on call (evenings, weekends, and/or holidays), and/or emergency coverage in a 24/7 environment. The employee is expected to comply with the rules, policies and procedures as set forth by the District, and to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters, and drains.
- Conduct regular maintenance inspections of buildings, equipment, grounds, and facilities to identify necessary repairs and compliance with safety standards.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Perform under guidance maintenance tasks such as in plumbing, painting, masonry, roofing, HVAC systems, electrical, carpentry, dry wall repairs. etc. to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
Minimum Qualifications at Time of Application Submission
The hourly range for this position is $16.52 to $18.05, dependent on experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Basic computer skills
- Proven hands-on experience in the use and care of common hand tools
- Two (2) years of demonstrated customer service experience
- This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the pre-employment background check process.
The Selection Process consists of an Interview, Skills Assessment and Credibility Assessment
The Credibility Assessment is based on technology used to assess truthfulness. This assessment is evaluating an individual’s honesty which is one of the District’s core values. This is a pass/fail assessment. The District is interested in measuring your truthfulness in the following areas:
- Your employment application information. Did you include every job you have had in the last ten (10) years? You will be able to review your application before taking the assessment, and add anything you may have forgotten to include; and
- Use of illegal drugs (including illegal steroids and abused prescription drugs in the last five years) and marijuana within the past 12 months; and,
- Criminal history.
To complete the application, you will need your education and entire employment history for the last ten (10) years including contact details, regardless of time in position.
Open until filled.
PLEASE NOTE: This online application requires much of the information typically found in a resume. As such, you will not be required, or provided an opportunity, to upload or submit your resume at any time throughout this process.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Please no visits or phone calls.
The selection process begins now with the application and following instructions. If invited to the selection process you must be the most qualified applicant to move forward. The activities consist of: Interview(s) Job Related Skills Testing and Credibility Assessment. The applicant will be contacted after each step in the process by email as to their status in the selection process.
If successful, a contingent job offer is made and the following must be passed: drug testing, background checks, driver’s license check, employment reference checks/public record request.
As a federal grant recipient, the Northwest Fire District must maintain a
Drug Free Workplace
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement (after the first year of employment)
Professional Development Opportunities
|Employer Sponsored||Shared Contributions||Voluntary|
|Medical - Qualified High Deductible Health Plan||Dental - Two Plans (to include orthodontia for Adults & Children)||Life Insurance (up to $300k, includes spouse)|
|Life Insurance ($50k)||Vision - (to include discounts on Laser Vision Correction)||Accidental Death & Dismemberment may include dependents (up to $300k)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment ($50k)|
and Accident Travel Plan ($250k)
|Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)||Accident with or without Disability may include dependents (includes a Wellness Rider)|
|Short-Term Disability (up to $1k/per week)||Critical Illness with a Cancer Rider
may include spouse
|Post Employment Health Plan (qualified health expenses)||Deferred Compensation for Retirement|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)||Flexible Spending Accounts (health/daycare expenses)|
|Tuition Reimbursement after first year of employment||LifeLock|
|Educational Assistance (in house District sponsored certification classes)|