Accounting SpecialistIf you enjoy accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the maintenance of financial records, Northwest Fire District is looking for an Accounting Specialist. INTERESTED?
The Accounting Specialist supports the Northwest Fire District in its mission to save lives, protect property, and care for our community through the responsibility of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and maintenance of financial records for Northwest Fire District. This requires accounting work involving the application of accounting principles, attention to detail, complex calculations, and recording of transactions. This position will interact with employees from all levels of the organization and is expected to be professional and provide excellent customer service in a team environment. This position is expected to comply with the rules, policies, and procedures as set forth by the District.
- Process Accounts Payable, which includes creating a payables voucher with invoices to be paid with supporting documentation and appropriate approval(s) for payment.
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions to include timely billing, proper payments applied and correcting any receipts. Maintain vendor records including setup up of vendors in the accounting system.
- Process and issue 1099s at calendar year end.
- Review monthly vendor statements for accuracy of payments applied and amounts due.
- Maintain travel and training payment records ensuring compliance with policy.
- Perform data processing functions, including creating Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Perform one or more accounting operations such as maintaining multiple account registers, various ledgers and journals ensuring transactions are accurate, consistent, and conform to procedures.
- Process check and ACH bank deposits and maintain associated files.
- Manage the purchasing card program and reconcile the file upload.
- Serve as backup for general accounting functions, including but not limited to payroll.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications at Time of Application Submission
The Hourly range for this position is $17.68 to $19.32, dependent on experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- A High School diploma or GED equivalency
- One (1) year experience in Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, or Financial Accounting related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook email
Driving Position: Class D License
This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the pre-employment background check process.
Based on Arizona State Law, upon the date of hire and throughout the period of employment, the employee must present and possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record, see Obtaining a Driver’s License.
To complete the application, you will need your education and entire employment history for the last ten (10) years including contact details, regardless of time in position.
Open until filled.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
The selection process begins now with the application and following instructions. If invited to the selection process you must be the most qualified applicant to move forward. The activities consist of: Interview(s) and Credibility Assessment. The applicant will be contacted after each step in the process by email as to their status in the selection process.
If successful, a contingent job offer is made and the following must be passed: drug testing, background checks, driver’s license check, employment reference checks/public record request.
As a federal grant recipient, the Northwest Fire District must maintain a
Drug Free Workplace
The Selection Process consists of an Interview and Credibility Assessment
The Credibility Assessment is based on technology used to assess truthfulness. This assessment is evaluating an individual’s honesty which is one of the District’s core values. This is a pass/fail assessment. The District is interested in measuring your truthfulness in the following areas:
- Your employment application information. Did you include every job you have had in the last ten (10) years? You will be able to review your application before taking the assessment, and add anything you may have forgotten to include; and
- Use of illegal drugs (including illegal steroids and abused prescription drugs in the last five years) and marijuana within the past 12 months; and,
- Criminal history.
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement (after the first year of employment)
Professional Development Opportunities
|Employer Sponsored||Shared Contributions||Voluntary|
|Medical - Qualified High Deductible Health Plan||Dental - Two Plans (to include orthodontia for Adults & Children)||Life Insurance (up to $300k, includes spouse)|
|Life Insurance ($50k)||Vision - (to include discounts on Laser Vision Correction)||Accidental Death & Dismemberment may include dependents (up to $300k)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment ($50k)|
and Accident Travel Plan ($250k)
|Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)||Accident with or without Disability may include dependents (includes a Wellness Rider)|
|Short-Term Disability (up to $1k/per week)||Critical Illness with a Cancer Rider
may include spouse
|Post Employment Health Plan (qualified health expenses)||Deferred Compensation for Retirement|
|Employee Assistance Program (EAP)||Flexible Spending Accounts (health/daycare expenses)|
|Tuition Reimbursement after first year of employment||LifeLock|
|Educational Assistance (in house District sponsored certification classes)|