Program, Budgets and Reports
The Business Services Section of Northwest Fire District provides quality financial services to our citizens, the Board, employees, customers, and vendors. Quality financial services include the following:
- Safeguarding assets of the District
- Providing friendly, timely, accurate, complete, and transparent reporting to both internal and external customers
- Meeting the demands of an evolving dynamic organization by pursuing continuous improvement in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, debt management, cash management, accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable
- Ensuring both the current and future financial well-being of the District
- Maintaining compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS), and all other legal and financial requirements applicable to the District
Select a Program to view its details:
This section of the Finance Department operates the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, and accounts receivable functions of the District. This includes exercising internal control policies which safeguard District assets. During the year, staff prepares and distributes monthly budget to actual reports to internal staff members for review. At year-end, staff assists in the annual audit by preparing workpapers, reconciliations, year-end adjustments, and general ledger reports for the independent outside auditor.
This section provides leadership, support, and guidance for all sections of Finance, and advises District management officials and the Board regarding financial matters. It oversees the debt management program (including bond issuances), cash management, and special projects. Staff annually reviews financial policies and procedures to ensure incorporation of best practices relevant to the public sector, as well as compliance with all legal and reporting requirements. In addition, this section manages project groups, outside consultants, and financial advisors. Finally, it is responsible for preparing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and submits the report annually to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for grading.
Budgets and Reports